Canon Pixma MX492 Driver Download Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP/Vista/Mac, Wireless Setup, Manual, Scanner Driver, Software Download For Windows, Mac, Linux – Canon Pixma MX492 can be an excellent choice for you to consider if you are looking for a replacement for your old printer. Designed for office needs, this printer can also be a good fit as a personal home printer. The highest resolution of this model is 4800 x 1200 dpi for color print, and it can produce a high-quality copy of images and documents. This printer also has FINE technology, a patented technology from Canon for its printhead that produces droplets as small as two pl. This technology allows you to enjoy its detailed printing results as well as crisp, sharp text documents printing results.
Canon Pixma MX492 also capable of producing borderless images, with the approximate speed to print around 70 seconds for a 4 x 6-inch photo. With this printer, you can also write a full website page directly from your computer with fast speed, up to 8.8 ipm for black or mono files and 4.4 ipm for color files. The automatic document feeder features of this printer can hold up to 20 sheet multiple page documents. This feature will be a great help to finish your task faster and effortlessly because you can do multitasking other work while waiting for this printer to finish the job for you.
The all-in-one feature of this Canon Pixma MX492 can do scanning as well as copying functions. So you have all the tools you need in this one compact printer. To have this printer you only need to have a relatively low budget, and you can bring this multifunction printer home. Compared to any other printer models in its range, this printer is one of a few models with low price. You can find the control panel of the printer on the left side on top of the printer. It has LCD that you can pull up or place it down on its place when you don’t need it anymore.
There is also various kind of buttons with its functions. It is easy to press, but some people may prefer the touch screen control panel for the best experience. You can view various kind of information including the status of the printer from that display. It is a great addition and makes this Canon Pixma MX492 easier to use. It is a slight disappointment that you can’t find the automatic document feeder as well as fax function for this printer. That two things are essential for office printer users. Canon Pixma MX492 Driver, Wireless Setup, Install, Software
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG4220 Driver Download
OS Compatible systems:
Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, macOS 10.14.x, macOS 10.13.x, macOS 10.12.x, Mac OS X 10.11.x, Mac OS X 10.10.x, Mac OS X 10.9.x, Mac OS X 10.8.x, Mac OS X 10.7.x, Mac OS X 10.6.x, Linux
Canon PIXMA MX492 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on the computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a computer with the Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your Canon PIXMA without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose to Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for the printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-clicking the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MX492 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exists in your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed correctly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work properly.
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MX492:
Setting up the wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is pretty easy. This article will describe the steps to install a wireless connection using the WPS connection method. Some requirements need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button, and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flashes a blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page, and it means the installation is successful.
Canon PIXMA MX492 Driver Download For Windows, Mac, and Linux:
Name Drivers and Operating System
Canon PIXMA MX 492 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 Quick Menu Ver.2.7.1 (Windows)
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 My Image Garden Software Ver.3.5.1 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series Full Driver & Software Package Ver. 1.2(Mac OS X )|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 My Image Garden Ver.3.5.1 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 IJ Scan Utility Software Ver.2.3.4 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 (Linux)|
|Canon PIXMA MX 492 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 (Linux)|