Canon Pixma MG2940 Driver Download For Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Mac, Wireless Setup, Manual, Installation, Scanner Driver, Software Download For Windows, Mac, Linux – Wireless printing becomes one of the exciting things offered by Canon PIXMA MG2940. This printer gives convenience for users in using this device. Users do not need to use USB anymore, and items can be accessed wirelessly. With wireless connectivity, they can use this printer from a distance. As long as the PC is connected to the printer, then it is possible to print remotely. Wireless printing also allows users to print directly from a compatible camera. There is PictBridge as the feature from this printer to help users printing directly without transfer or moving the files. Moreover, it is possible to do mobile printing. The printer can print directly from mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones.
Of course, the wireless connectivity is not the only things offered by Canon PIXMA MG2940. This printer is also a compact and complete printer. This printer can handle both color and mono printing. Related to color printing, the printer can print photos and pictures. If those are not enough, the printer can work as copier and scanner. With these features, users will be able to duplicate documents easily without using additional devices. Scanning documents, even photos, can be executed by this printer. A single device covers those functions.
If the user is the one who uses the printer in high frequency, Canon PIXMA MG2940 provides optional XL FINE cartridge. With the extra volume of ink, users do not need to worry about replacing and buying ink too often. Things can be much more efficient. In this case, they can save time and money. Furthermore, it is easy to replace ink. So when the XL cartridge has run out of ink, users can override the ink and it can be done quickly.
Then, for printing quality, Canon PIXMA MG2940 also provides good things to give users satisfaction. The printer users FINE cartridge technology that can work in great details and printing resolution. The printer is equipped with 4800 dpi of printing resolution. Then, the printer can produce tiny ink droplets. Its microscopic size is up to 2 pl. With this size, the smallest area still can be covered so that the printing results will have great details and vivid color. About the printing speed, this printer provides speed up to 8.0 images per minute for printing the mono documents. Then, the rate of color printing is up to 4 image per minute.
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG2929 Driver Download
OS Compatible systems:
Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, macOS 10.14.x, macOS 10.13.x, macOS 10.12.x, Mac OS X 10.11.x, Mac OS X 10.10.x, Mac OS X 10.9.x, Mac OS X 10.8.x, Mac OS X 10.7.x, Mac OS X 10.6.x, Linux
- 1 Canon PIXMA MG2940 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
- 2 Canon PIXMA MG2940 Printer Setup on Mac:
- 3 How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MG2940:
- 4 Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver Download For Windows 10, 8, 7
- 5 Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver Download For Mac :
- 6 Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver Download For Linux:
Canon PIXMA MG2940 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on the computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a computer with the Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your Canon PIXMA without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose to Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices for installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for the printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-clicking the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose the Print Test Page. Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MG2940 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exists in your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via the USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed correctly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work properly.
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MG2940:
Setting up the wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is pretty easy. This article will describe the steps to install a wireless connection using the WPS connection method. Some requirements need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button, and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flashes a blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power and the Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page, and it means the installation is successful.
Canon PIXMA MG2940 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG2940 series Scan Gear MP Ver. 3.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG2940 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG2940 series ScanGear MP Ver. 3.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG2940 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.00 for Linux (Source file)
Canon PIXMA MG2940 series ScanGear MP Ver. 3.00 for Linux (Source file)