Canon Pixma MG2160 Driver Download For Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Mac, Wireless Setup, Manual, Installation, Scanner Driver, Software Download For Windows, Mac, Linux – Canon PIXMA MG2160 uses a maximum printing resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi for color and 600 x 600 dpi for black and white. The printer’s ink tanks use FINE technology that is suitable for toners PG640 and CL641 (PG640 XL, CL641 XL, and an optional PG640 XXL). The printer’s ink droplet sizes are two pl and five pl for C and M, three pl and five pl for Y, and 11 pl for PgBK. The printer can handle 100 sheets of plain paper. Supported paper sizes are A4, Letter, Legal, A5, B5, envelopes (DL, COM10), 4 x 6 inches, 5 x 7 inches, and 8 x 10 inches.
Canon PIXMA MG2160 supports paperweights of 64-105g/m2 for plain paper and 300g/m2 for Canon specialty paper (PT-101). Included software is On-Screen Manual, Adobe RGB, Canon Solution Menu, Easy WebPrint EX (for IE7+), MP Navigator EX, auto photo fix II, fun filter effects, full HD movie print, and Easy-PhotoPrint EX. The required power source is AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz and it weighs about 5.3 kg. The printer can print one borderless photo in 44 seconds. The printer can print out 8.4 images per minute in black and white. The printer can print out 4.8 copies per minute in color. It uses a total of 1,792 nozzles, 640 nozzles are for black and white, and 1,152 are for color.
Canon PIXMA MG2160 supports paper sizes: envelope, matte, semi-gloss, glossy, super high gloss, and plain paper. The copier delivers the first copy in a matter of 30 seconds. The copier can reduce an image by 25% of its original size and enlarge it by 400% as big. Features of the copier are intensity, gutter shadow correction copy, fit to page, face brightener and fading correction, auto exposure/intensity copy, 4 in 1, 2 in 1, photo reprint, multiple copies, and preset copy ratios.
Canon PIXMA MG2160 scans documents with its flatbed scanner that uses Contact Image Sensor (CIS) as its scanning element. The scanner’s maximum optical resolution is 1200 x 2400 dpi, interpolated as 19,200 x 19,200 dpi. The scanner unit features functions such as gutter shadow correction, auto scan mode, push scan, and auto document fix. The printer’s other features include quiet mode, 7-segment LED, dual gamut processing technology, auto sheet feeder, and quick start. The printer’s interface uses Hi-Speed USB. The printer’s dimensions are 17.7-inch width, 12-inch depth, and 6-inch height. Canon Pixma MG2160 Driver, Wireless Setup, Software Download
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG2150 Driver Download
OS Compatible systems:
Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, macOS 10.14.x, macOS 10.13.x, macOS 10.12.x, Mac OS X 10.11.x, Mac OS X 10.10.x, Mac OS X 10.9.x, Mac OS X 10.8.x, Mac OS X 10.7.x, Mac OS X 10.6.x, Linux
Canon PIXMA MG2160 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on the computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a computer with the Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your Canon PIXMA without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose to Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for the printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-clicking the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MG2160 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exists in your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed correctly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work properly.
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MG2160:
Setting up the wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is pretty easy. This article will describe the steps to install a wireless connection using the WPS connection method. Some requirements need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button, and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flashes a blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page, and it means the installation is successful.
Canon PIXMA MG2160 Driver Download For Windows, Mac, and Linux:
Name Drivers and Operating System
Canon PIXMA MG 2160 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows/Vista/XP)
|Canon PIXMA MG 2160 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows/Vista/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2160 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2160 Quick Menu Ver.2.7.1 (Windows)
|Canon PIXMA MG 2160 My Image Garden Software Ver.3.5.1 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2160 series Full Driver & Software Package Ver. 1.2(Mac OS X )|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2160 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 220.127.116.11 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2160 ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2160 My Image Garden Ver.3.5.1 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2160 Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.1 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2160 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 (Linux)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2160 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 (Linux)|